A Leader You Can Trust
Dan Storck has been a leader in this community for over 25 years. After Dan’s career as a successful business man brought him to the Mount Vernon District with his wife of 38 years, Deb, and three children, Dan quickly became involved with the district.
When Dan saw an issue in his own community, a pool struggling to keep its doors open, Dan did something about it. That launched a quarter of a century of activism within the community. During that time, Dan has served three successful terms on the Fairfax County School Board, and volunteered in the community as a coach, the president of his parent-teacher association and as an Abraham Lincoln presenter.
Dan’s hero, Abraham Lincoln, once said “the best way to predict the future is to create it.” For over 25 years, Dan has been creating that future. With your vote on June 9th, Dan will continue to create a better future for the Mount Vernon District on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.
READ DAN’S FULL BIO HERE.
Experience You’ve Relied On
- With Dan’s leadership on the Fairfax County School Board, the district built south county schools under budget and years ahead of schedule. With the tens of millions of dollars of savings, the FCSB was able to renovate another large school.
- Dan helped bring our schools into 21st century standards by obtaining capital funding to renovate buildings and eliminate trailers.
- Dan supported, from the very beginning, community efforts opposing the ESI expansion.
- As your school board member, Dan advocated for increased support for our District’s Priority Schools–securing more teachers, more resources and better results –to make sure that each of our students has the resources they need to succeed.
- Dan secured full day kindergarten for all our schools, increased resources and lowered class sizes for our neediest schools, secured more challenging and rigorous (honors) classes and drove new STEAM and internship programs for our high schools.
- Dan initiated and lead School Board policy changes that grew student industry skill certifications from 700 to more than 17,000, providing our graduates with increased job skills and higher wages and our businesses with more trained employees.
- With Dan’s initiative “Smart Services, Smart Savings,” he lead and co-chaired the start of a new culture of cooperation and collaboration between the Board of Supervisors and School Board. In partnership with the Board of Superviors Chairwoman, Sharon Bulova, this initiative saved taxpayers more than $1 million.
A Vision You Can Believe In
As your school board member for 12 years, Dan has been a fighter for fairness and has been your voice on the Fairfax County School Board. With your support on June 9th, Dan will represent these values on the Fairfax County Board of Superintendents.
Dan believes that Mount Vernon District’s greatest strengths are in protecting our heritage, bringing jobs to the district by investing in education and preparing students for 21st century careers, while investing in health(y) jobs, the environment and transportation to make our community stronger.