Saturday 11/04 at 8:30 am – Workhouse Arts Center to Mt. Vernon
Supervisor Storck is hosting a 36 mile bike ride in and around Lorton. Please take a look at the link below and sign up to join the ride!
2nd Annual Tour de Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon District Supervisor Dan Storck invites you to join him for a community bike ride on Saturday November 4, 2017, at 8:30 am- starting and ending at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton.
The Mount Vernon District is home to many cultural and environmental resources and the ride will provide an opportunity to visit some of its hidden treasures. Here is a link to the route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25850969
- Route Highlights:
- Workhouse Arts Center (ride starts and end here by Bldg. 11)
- Woodlawn and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Pope-Leighey House
- Pohick Bay Regional Park
- George Mason’s Gunston Hall
- Mason Neck State Park – The country’s first bald eagle preservation refuge
- Liberty Crest at Laurel Hill – Adaptive re-use of the former Lorton Prison
The Tour de Mount Vernon will bring cyclists on a 35-mile ride on paved trails, and in a few areas, the ride will be on the road, with safety monitors along the route. This will be a fun ride with some challenging sections on the route. And, to add to the fun, you can collect “poker cards” at specific locations that will qualify you for prize drawings at the end.
Grab your bike friends and family to ride this scenic route, enjoy the outdoors, and the find the hidden treasures of the Mount Vernon District.
Fee is $20.00 per rider. You must pre-register by Oct 30.
No walk-up registrations are permitted.
We require a first name and last name for each ticket.
Event is rain or shine, see policies below.
Registration includes Mt. Vernon Socks and a $5 donation to Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling
Volunteers are needed the day before and day of the ride! Log on to sign up here:
If you plan to volunteer you do not need to complete a registration via Eventbrite.
- NO REFUNDS due to event cancellation or if the purchaser cannot attend the event. Event is rain or shine.
- NO TRANSFERS of registration to other riders
- Children 15 and older welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. Experienced riders only, please.
- Helmets are required for the ride, no exceptions
- SAG support courtesy of SPOKES. Mobile Maintenance and flat repair courtesy of Wheel Nuts.
- You’ll be required to sign a liability waiver on the day of the ride.
Agenda on Ride Day:
* 7.45 – 8.30 am Packet pick-up at (includes rider #, Map, Socks)
* 8.30 – 9.00 am Riders roll for group start
* 11:30 am – 1:30 pm – Ride complete. Food, Fun, and Prizes at Workhouse Arts Center
Contact: Sue Bernstein Susan.email@example.com or 703-780-7518 at Mt. Vernon District.