Dan Storck for Supervisor of Mount Vernon
Dear Fellow Mount Vernon District Resident,
For the past 11 years, I have been honored to serve as your elected leader on the Fairfax County School Board. During that time, I have worked closely with my partner and friend on the Board of Supervisors, Gerry Hyland, on behalf of our wonderful community. Gerry and I have done much together with our community, from getting more funding for our neediest students and schools to building the South County Middle School 5 years early over the strong objections of many Board and staff members. I will miss his caring presence, puns and commitment to the people.
Still, we know there is much more to do. From better educating our students, developing new jobs, incubating new businesses and continuing to fight corporations who won’t honor their agreements, to creating more efficient, integrated county services, more open communications and fairer funding from the state. To that end, I have decided to seek the office of Mount Vernon District Supervisor.
As your Supervisor, I will:
- Protect our history and heritage while continuing to grow safe, healthy, vibrant and environmentally friendly communities;
- Expand educational opportunities for all residents, from pre-school to adulthood;
- Work to accelerate the revitalization and new business development essential to maintaining a stable, growing and dynamic economy for our community;
- Ensure a more modern transportation infrastructure gets built to support our future; and
- With your support, continue my commitment to transparency, efficiency and effectiveness in our local government.
With my unique combination of community, development, school and business relationships, experience and skills, I will be your strongest voice to continue the great progress we’ve made.
I humbly seek your support in the Democratic Primary on June 9th.
Many thanks, as always,
P.S. I hope you’ll take the time to learn more about my campaign here, and if you agree that my vision is right for our community, sign up to volunteer here or make a contribution to help me reach other voters in our district.